Frog carving at fish camp 2002
- I have to tell you, the more I play this bow, the more I love it. It has made a huge difference.
- Musically, this bow feels like it is an extension of my mind.
- Thanks so much for the great bow. Someone described the response of your bows as intelligent. I cannot agree more.
- I found my new bow!! It took me about 3 minutes of playing to know this was exactly what I had been looking for. It has the feel, the balance, the gorgeous sound and the comfort in my hand of the bow that I played many years ago. - I'm absolutely delighted with my new bow and so glad this search is over!
- All of the bows were works of art, and all handled very well. I know I would have done well to keep any one of the three you sent.
- Thanks for the new gamba bow... it can only be descibed as kickass.
- I am absolutely delighted with both bows. The new bow is all I ever hoped for, which was a lot, and the repaired bow looks and plays as though nothing had ever happened to it.
- As I played with your bow I realized what a smooth and good sound it gave, and at the same time felt easy in my hand.
- ....I feel that the blackwood bow I have kept is a real instrument! It's already brought me a lot of pleasure, and I look forward to long term enjoyment.
- I'm a very sleepy person today... I couldn't stop playing last night. The bow is better than new. Rich, full sound, easy articulation. The feel is truly lovely.
- I have decided to keep this bow, very nice work! I had another bow I was trying that I thought I'd prefer but yours' knocked me out. Feels like it was made for my hand and I did not know the treble strings of my German gamba could sound so good.
- Lots of compliments on the sound and looks of the bows from the audience .I am really enjoying the fact that I can use an underhand or overhand grip, I find it very easy to draw the tone I want from the instrument.
- Thank you so much for sending the wonderful quality bows. I greatly admire your workmanship! We would like to purchase three of the ones you sent.
- As to the bows, I actually might like two bows, and to be honest with you, every bow you've made works for me.
Read an article about Harry in Business People-Vermont November 2012
H.F. Grabenstein, All Strings Considered
to read an Interview with Harry in the Dec. 2010
Viola Da Gamba Society Pacifica Gamba News
See the bows by Mr. Grabenstein that were on display at
The American Craft Museum in New York City.